Celestron Focus Motor For SCT, EdgeHD and RASA
- The Celestron Focus Motor for SCT enables electronic focusing using a computer or Celestron computerized mount hand controller for remote/hands-free observing.
- Self-powering: When connected to a Celestron computerized mount, the mount provides the power. When connected directly to a computer, USB provides the power.
- Compatible with a wide variety of Celestron Schmidt-Cassegrain, EdgeHD, and Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph optical tubes. Check description for full list.
- Motor controls include multiple speed rates, automatic GoTo indexed focuser position, and focuser backlash compensation.
- Focuser Utility software for Windows provides a simple user interface. Also compatible with Celestron PWI.
- Enables autofocusing with a camera and third-party software via ASCOM.
- Indexed focus position allows the motor to automatically return to a previous focus position and prevents the focus motor from reaching the end of telescope’s mechanical focus travel.
- Now compatible with the 9.25” EdgeHD.
The Focus Motor provides electronic focusing for Celestron Schmidt-Cassegrain (SCT), EdgeHD, and RASA telescope optical tubes. With the focus motor installed, you can bring celestial objects into sharp, precise focus using your telescope’s hand controller or a computer instead of using the focuser knob. A focus motor is great for visual observers who want to dial in exact focus (especially those with dexterity issues) and a must-have accessory for astroimagers. With a motorized focuser installed, an astroimager no longer needs to be physically near the telescope to focus an image. Combined with computerized control of the mount and camera, the focus motor enables the imager to gather data remotely from a backyard observatory, or even a telescope located hundreds of miles away. As an added bonus, port covers protect the ports while not in use, and the covers cannot be lost due to the tethered design.
Compatible Optical Tubes
The focus motor is compatible with all SCTs from 6” to 14” in aperture that have been produced since the year 2006. It is not compatible with 5” SCTs or older models. It is compatible with the 8” Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph (RASA), the 36cm RASA, the 7” Maksutov-Cassegrain, and all the EdgeHD optical tubes. The RASA 11 (91075) is compatible with the #94155-A focus motor, but requires the Focuser Retrofit Kit for RASA 11. The RASA 11 V2 (91076) is compatible with the #94155-A without a retrofit kit needed.
For 6” Schmidt-Cassegrain telescopes only, the Off-Axis Guider (#93648) cannot be used when the focus motor is installed due to mechanical interferences.