These are the enhancements with the new Mesu-200 mounts.
– Cable management is through the centre via two 80mm holes.
– You can lock the axis in any position you like.
– You can decouple the motors for easy balancing.
– Motor encoders now have 16.000.000 ticks/rev. instead of 8.000.000.
– The RA axis can traverse >360 degrees whereas with the old mount it was 180 degrees with 45 degrees meridian overlap, then a flip.
– The drive mechanism has been improved by tweaking dimensions and materials.
– The weight of the mount has decreased by 10kg while stiffness is improved.
– Separation of head and Latitude adjustment mechanism is a Mesu innovation, significant Latitude adjustment is rarely necessary in the UK, so why supply 90 degrees of adjustment?
The result is a 17kg mount with a load capacity of 100kg………
This new version builds on the work put into the original design with features borrowed from the Mesu 300 and some modern tweaks.
Mesu 200 Mount (head only) – £5435
Custom Wedge for your Latitude – £213
Mesu Dog Leg Pillar (customised for your Latitude) – £866
Stainless Steel Counterweight 13kg – £255
Stainless Steel Counterweight 6.5kg – £156
Chromed Counterweight 10kg – £120
Chromed Counterweight 5kg – £89
Saddle for Mesu Mount – £224 (dual Vixen / Losmandy, customised for mount’s cable control)
Berlebach Planet Short Tripod with Mesu adaption and double clamps – £700
PoleMaster for enhanced Mesu 200 – £199 (when bought with mount)
Regulated 12 volt 6 amp power supply – £30
RS232 to USB adapter – £20 (unless your laptop / PC has a serial port)