Mesu e200 Mount (e for enhanced)
The primary image shows the Mesu e200 Mount adapted to a Berlebach tripod with a wedge for UK latitudes, other images show the “bent pillar” which removes the need for a meridian flip. The pillar is also shown dismantled, for transportation – if need be.
These are the main enhancements over the highly regarded original Mesu 200 Mount.
– Cable management through the centre of the head.
– You can lock the axis in any position you like.
– You can decouple the motors for easy balancing.
– Motor encoders now have 16.000.000 ticks/rev. instead of 8.000.000.
– The RA axis can traverse >360 degrees whereas with the old mount it was 225 degrees then a meridian flip was required.
– The drive mechanism has been improved by tweaking dimensions and materials.
– The weight of the mount has decreased by 10kg while stiffness is improved.
– Separation of head and Latitude adjustment mechanism is a Mesu innovation, significant Latitude adjustment is rarely necessary in the UK, so why supply a large, heavy mechanism to allow 90 degrees of adjustment?
The result is a 17kg mount with a load capacity of up to 100kg
This new enhanced version of the original Mesu 200 mount builds on the work put into the original design with features borrowed from the Mesu 300 and some additional tweaks.
Click here for the Sky at Night magazine review of the original mount, from 2013
There are no reviews yet!