Non-Rotating Helical Focuser with M48 (2″ Filter) Connection
- deluxe focuser with index marks for fine focusing of CCD cameras and eyepieces
- 2 screws fix the focus position
- M48 x 0.75 female thread on the telescope side and M48 x 0.75 male thread on the camera side
- you also can use the focuser as a variable M48 (51mm to 91mm) extension
A true helical focuser like this TS Helical Focuser, works like a camera objective… when you turn the focusing ring, neither the lens nor the camera (or eyepiece and diagonal) rotate – The only motion is in and out.
The advantage of this helical focuser is the fine adjustment possible, in part due to the fine pitch of the focusing ring’s thread, and in part due to the large diameter of the ring.
In the case of the TS Helical Focuser, virtually backlash-free movement and graduated markings on the focuser allow repeatable return to the focus point simply by noting the focus position reading.
- no rotation of the diagonal or camera – motion is only in and out
- wide focus range … 51mm minimum height / 91mm maximum height
- simple adaption to the telescope tube with the M48 x 0.75 (2″ filter) thread
- good solution for self build
- simple adaption to camera and / or eyepieces
- wide free aperture of 45mm
- also good for use as a variable M48 extension (51mm to 91mm)
The Helical focuser has a wide focusing range of 40mm. The focuser is very short, the minimum heigh is 51mm. So you can use the focuser on telescopes or tele objectives with reduced back focus.
- non rotating helical focuser with index marks and fixing screws
- connection thread on the telescope side … female M48 x 0.75 thread (2″ filter thread)
- connection thread on the camera side … male M48 x 0.75 thread
- minimum height … 51mm
- focusing range … 40mm