Visual & Photographic AstroSolar ND5 Safety Film. High density coatings on both sides of a specially manufactured foil reduce the intensity of sunlight by up to 99.999%. The sun’s image is extremely contrasty and white,
- AstroSolar® Safety Film 5.0 for solar observation and photography at high magnification
- Size: ca. 20 x 29 cm – telescope quality – Optical Density (OD) = 5.0
- Safe for visual solar observation (with additional optics) and imaging
- This highest precision film consistently produces strehl ratios of 94 to 96 percent at interferometric tests – thus it performs optically like a Fluorite Triplet Lens by Carl Zeiss or Astro Physics
- AstroSolar Safety Film is best suited for precision work with all astronomical telescopes and binoculars – just as well as for all photographic camera- and tele-lenses
- For more than 25 years on the market, the only film-material made to not deteriorate the optical wavefront, it does allow to attain high magnification with any long-range optics without reducing sharpness or contrast of the solar surface.
Size of the ND5 visual film is 20 x 29cm (7.9″ x 11.4″)
UK DeliveryPrices include postage to all mainland UK addresses, except where indicated. Larger items may attract a surcharge for off shore or remote locations.When your item is dispatched, you will receive an email from our shopping cart saying ‘Your order is complete’We use Royal Mail and Courier services, whichever is more appropriate for the weight and value of your order.International Delivery:Website prices DO NOT include International delivery costs unless specified.We are happy to ship to most countries. We use a variety of Royal Mail and Courier services, depending on the weight, size, value and urgency of your order.Place your order via the shopping cart and you will be advised by email of additional shipping charges prior to the processing and dispatch of your order.Or simply email us for details of shipping charges to your country before you place your order.Some items which are particularly popular with overseas purchasers already display, in the purchase menu, combined purchase and shipping costs to various regions adjusted for UK VAT (sales tax) where necessary.If you reside outside the European Union, please check with your customs authorities for details of any import taxes, duties and other charges that may be imposed on entry to your country. We have no control over these.