We proudly announce the QHY miniCAM5F, an evolution of the miniCAM5S, with a built-in 9 position motorised filter wheel and LRGB filter set.
Enhanced with long exposure capability and cools -38ºC below ambient whilst based on the same 1.2 megapixel 1/3” sensor used in the highly sensitive QHY5L-II.
Thermal noise is reduced significantly making this camera a great deep sky astrophotography camera.
At only £649 we bundle this capable camera with QHYCCD 12mm LRGB filters. This gives you out-of-the-box capability of doing high resolution LRGB astrophotography, be it planetary or deep sky. The 12mm filters save you a great deal over 1.25″ LRGB filters which can cost upward of £200. Optional Ha, SII, OIII, Hb and Methane (CH4) filters are also available.
Dew formation is history. miniCAM5F has a built-in CMOS chamber heating board that prevents dew from forming when the camera is cooled down way below ambient temperature. A desiccant tube with silica gel is also supplied, for drying the CMOS chamber if necessary.
The camera and the built-in filter wheel can be fully controlled by EzCAP on both Windows and Mac OSX platforms.
We’re sure you’ll have fun exploring astrophotography with this camera!
- miniCAM5F camera
- LRGB 12 mm filter set
- Filter installation tool
- Cigarette plug power cable
- Belkin 1.8m USB2 cable
- 1.25″ nosepiece (T-ring)
- Desiccant tube with silica gel
- Pelican style airtight case
- 1.2 Megapixel 1/3″ CMOS
- Cooling Delta T is 38ºC below ambient
- CMOS chamber heated board to prevent dew from forming
- Built in 9 position filter wheel for 12 mm filters
- 12 mm L, R, G, B filters included
- Peak quantum efficiency: 74% (QE curve)
- Readout noise as low as 2 e-
- Exposure duration from 10 µs to 1800 s
- Fast capture speed: 30FPS (1280×960) and up to 200FPS (320×240)
- No random horizontal noise
- No fixed pattern noise
- Input port for desiccant tube to keep the CMOS chamber dry
- Deep Sky imaging
- Solar, Lunar and Planetary imaging
- FireCapture & SharpCap2
- Others via ASCOM or WDM driver — MaximDL, etc.2
1 Mac OSX
2 Windows 7/8 x32/x64