The HitecAstro Mount Hub Pro is an excellent product which seeks to simplify all this by including three of the most useful accessories inside one tidy package which only requires one power cable and one USB cable, thus reducing the clutter around your set up.
Anyone who has spent time setting up anything more than the most basic imaging setup knows that arranging all of the various components can be a time consuming and laborious task. All the cables need to be routed to avoid snagging. Often once this is complete, you will find that the sky conditions have changed and you have to do it all again in reverse!
The Mount Hub Pro includes…
- 8 individually selectable and controllable relay driven outputs to power your equipment. (plus three constant (always on) outlets.)
- A 4 channel dew controller with individually selectable outputs.
- A stepper motor focus controller compatible with many of todays most popular focusers (e.g. Moonlite, Robofocus)
- PC software which allows all of the above to be controlled from the users PC (Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7).
- Manual (Non PC based) control of the Dew Controller
- Optional Manual ‘Hand Controller’ for focus operations
- An ASCOM compliant driver to operate with your favourite third party ASCOM compliant application. (e.g. Maxim DL, CCD Soft etc)
- USB Interface
- An integrated and reliable 3 port USB hub for connecting your favourite devices.
- Can deliver up to 15Amps of power to your equipment (via an appropriate power supply)
One power cable leads from your power supply to the ‘Mount Hub Pro’ and one USB cable runs from the controlling PC to the MHP, so there is less chance of tripping or getting tangled in lots of cables in the dark. Power outlets and USB ports to your equipment are provided so cables no longer cause problems.
Here are some pictures sent to us by a customer showing how he uses his HitecAstro Mount Hub Pro.
Its sort of funny to see the cigar plug splitter lying discarded on the floor behind. Poor thing, its never going to be needed again!
In the first picture you can see how only one USB cable and one power cable leaves the mount hub pro.
The second picture shows an overall picture of this set-up. Note how there are very few dangling cables to snag during an imaging session.
There are no reviews yet!